Hire our Pitch
In May 2021 the pitch turf was upgraded to the latest Tiger Turf Pro Hockey Spec.
The pitch can be split into two halfs.
Goals are available for Hockey and 7 a side football.
Floodlights are available on request too.
If you would like to enquire about hiring the synthetic pitch facility at St George's Sports & Social Club please complete the following form where our booking secretary will be in touch. Enquiry Form
Conditions of Hire
The pitches cannot be sub-let by hirers
▪ Telford & Wrekin Hockey Club (TWHC) reserve the right to suspend pitch
usage in cases of inclement weather or where use of pitches could
compromise future use.
o Pitch usage can be suspended by either the TWHC Groundsman or
▪ Pitches are booked per session unless a specific alternative arrangement has
been made and confirmed in writing by the TWHC Bookings
▪ Half Pitch allocation will be confirmed when the booking is made. Bookings are
not transferable to other pitches without agreement of TWHC. TWHC
reserve the right to change pitch allocation if necessary.
▪ Applications for hire must be made to the TWHC Bookings
Secretary at least 3 days prior to the required date.
▪ Applications will not be confirmed until payment is made in full
▪ All hirers must complete a satisfactory risk assessment and provide a fullystocked first aid kit.
▪ TWHC is under no liability in respect of personal
injury or accident, which may be incurred by those using the facility.
▪ It is strongly recommended that teams have their own insurance, whilst
playing at St Georges. If teams do not have their own insurance, they
are playing at their own risk.
▪ All hirers must provide adequate first aid cover during matches
▪ Cancellations by the hirer must be made three working days prior to the
booking date. For cancellations less than three days before the booking
date, TWHC reserve the right to withhold some or all of the fee.
▪ Damage to any facility must be notified to TWHC immediately
▪ All wilful damage must be paid for
▪ Litter around pitches and the pavilion must be cleared after use